- Philosopher of the people.
- Free thinkers
- Innovative ideas and concepts
- Burning concerns
- Doubts of traditional beliefs
Monday, December 30, 2013
Sunday, December 29, 2013
The 12 signs of the Zodiac are grouped by their characteristics. Sorting them by element or triplicity (3 signs for each element) groups them according to their temperament (nature/personality).
Information and art based on The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1: The Basic Principles pgs. 5-6:
Fire: Uranus and Neptune = 2
Earth: Venus, and AC = 2
Air: Mercury, Sun, Mars, Saturn, and Pluto = 5
Water: North Node, Jupiter, Moon, and MC = 4
So Air is the predominant element in my Natal Chart.
Since my birthday is coming up I decided to look at my Solar Return chart as well. This is when the Sun returns to the same degree it was at, at the time of your birth. It usually falls on your birthday but may be off by a day or two (the Julian Calendar isn’t precise as the Sun). This is about all I know about it but figured I would attempt to read it as well as I went along. So as another example here is the breakdown of the elements in my Solar Return chart.
Fire: Uranus, MC, and Moon = 3
Earth: Venus and Pluto = 2
Air: Sun, Mars, North Node, and AC = 4
Water: Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune = 4
So Air and Water are the predominant elements in my Solar Return Chart.
What element is dominant in your natal chart?
In ancient oriental texts:
The elements are called Tattwas. (Bardon, Franz)
In the Indian representation of the Tattwas all of the elements descend from a 5th element called Akasa, making a quintessence. Their names for the elements are as follows (Bardon, Franz):
Akasa=principle of the ether
Tejas=principle of the fire
Waju=principle of the air
Apas=principle of the water
Prithivi=priciple of the earth
In Tarot (Bardon, Franz):
Bardon, Franz: Initiation into Hermetics
Monday, December 23, 2013
- Natal chart
- Radical chart
- Signs are considered the field of action.
- Divided by space on the ecliptic (a path the planets seem to follow through the sky).
- The ecliptic (circular path) has 360 degrees.
- Each sign is given exactly 30 degrees
- Aries is the first 30 degree section.
- Begins at the Vernal Equinox
- Signs are calculated by Aries ingress (Sun reaches 0 degrees Aries).
- Due to precession (wobble of Earth's axis) this point is now in Pisces.
- Houses are places where the action occurs.
- Planets are the motivating powers and sources.
- Natural/physical: the effects on tides, weather, atmosphere, and seasons.
- This is very interesting. I have been learning a little bit about this topic in my Earthway book. Notes on this can be found here: Books and Resources.
- Mundane/Judicial: effects on nations, economy, and politics.
- Natal/genethliacal: Individuals and their birth charts.
- Horary: specific questions/times/places.
- Planet positions are based on signs.
- Ancient way.
- Planet positions based on constellation.
- Accounts for precession.
Taurus has an earthy personality. Taurus is very sensual and loves material comforts. They have excellent recuperative powers probably because they know how to conserve their energy. They are very practical and dependable. However if their gifts are used in a negative way or if they are rubbed the wrong way they can become dull and materialistic.
Determined, focused, and purposeful never wavering from their goal. They accomplish things in a gradual yet stable way, penetrating the depths of what they are working on and remembering it in an excellent way. They walk through life with dignity.
The book has not indicated that I should interpret anything yet. However I do feel it would be good practice to try to combine these basics to understand the sign more fully.
Taurus is earthy and works at a gradual, stable pace conserving their energy as needed. This allows them to recuperate easily when needed. They are very practical. They are dependable, determined to achieve their goals in a focused and unwavering way. This backs their sensuality and love for material comforts. They have an excellent memory and penetrate what ever they are working on to the core. They are dignified.
This page will be updated regularly with what I learn please check back often.
#astrology #tropical #zodiac #sign #Taurus #element #earth #quality #mode #fixed #art #painting
Saturday, December 21, 2013
Friday, December 20, 2013
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
#kids #Spirit #spirituality #spiritual #spiritualgrowth #soulful #child #children #childhood #childcare #childrensbooks #universal
Technorati Tags: children,spirituality,spiritualism,philosophy,theory