Sunday, August 16, 2015

CCs Genealogy Today

The next page I want to work on for our family history binder, is a page for the first section divider in the binder.  I am going to have a divider to separate each surname's history.  Since Tommy's last name is CHANDLER, it will be the first section.  Things I hope to include on the page are: The surname's meaning, history, and origin.  I will also include any other interesting tid bits of information I find a long the way.

I am also going to create a Facebook Group and hopefully a Relative finder group, for people to join if they wish.  The Facebook Group will be a nice place for people to get updates on the CHANDLER name, share information and pictures about their CHANDLER ancestors, post any invites to CHANDLER family reunions, and just in general have fun being a CHANDLER.  Anyone with the CHANDLER surname in their family tree may join.  The relative finder group will help anyone in the group determine if and how they are related to each other, if they have a tree built in Family Search.  This may be extremely helpful when comparing research notes, or trying to figure out DNA results.  Oh! That's a great idea!  You can post your DNA results in the Facebook Group too, if you wish.

Here is the Chandler Family & Genealogy group on Facebook.

Here is the Chandler Surname group on Relative Finder (you must have a tree built in Family Search for this to work).  The password for this group is: chandler

Ok.  Now that those groups have been shared...I can start looking up CHANDLER surname resources and information for my son's book, this blog, and the groups.

This page has a lot of information in it. 

https://www.houseofnames.com/chandler-family-crest

I decided to Google what the family Crest looked like.  There are a couple of variations.  I think I found one that I like, and I am going to use it on the CHANDLER divider page.

Here is another possible resource. 

http://chandlerfamilyassociation.org/
Ok.  I think I have enough info now to make a nice informative section divider page for the CHANDLER surname in my son's binder.

Yea I have the page done and it is in the binder!

I have a few typos so I need to fix them and reprint it.

Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment