Saturday, August 15, 2015

CCs Genealogy Today

Hi everybody.  I know it's been a while since I posted anything.  Writing is a little difficult to do while we are working on this house.  My husband gets frustrated with me if I spend to much time writing.

During my breaks I have managed to write a guest blog for Alexander's.  They asked me to write about my most recent experience making an heirloom quality family history book for my mother-in-law, using My Canvas. My post has been approved, and it will be posting on their website late September to early October. Details will be coming soon.

I also used my break time to start a new My Canvas project. I have started making an ongoing family history binder for my son. Since I wanted to utilize the new ancestry.com story format for my blog, had started my blog half way through my tree, and wanted to make a binder for my son... I thought it best to structure things to where I could do all 3 simultaneously. I also upgraded to ancestry's world explorer plus subscription which includes fold 3 and newspapers.com. So I should have more information to share on all of my ancestors. 

This is a lot of information to work on and share. Slow and steady is definitely the way to go. I hope to be sharing 2 types of posts. My CC's Genealogy Today posts will cover updates and resources I find, as well as info I may be hunting down.  I hope to also have a memorial post for each of my ancestors whom have passed on from this life. When I want to share the progress I have made on my son's binder, and it has someone living on the page...I will blot out or leave out any personally identifying information, for confidentiality purposes.  

Now that my new direction and goals are out of the way... I made my own cover page for my son's binder. I found this little picture on Google that I liked and created the page around it.


Cover Page
I also got his first pedigree page done.


Pedigree Page with living PPI removed.
Well it is as done as it is going to get right now.  Sorry I am a little bit agitated that I have 2 sets of grandparents who were married in 1956 that I can't find an exact date on. I have tried every digital source I can think of. One set I'm pretty sure was married in Howard county Indiana. This one I can go to the court house and hunt when I get a chance. The other set may have married in Vanderburgh county Indiana, or Shawnee Illinois, or Kentucky. No one really seems to know for sure, which makes it difficult to know where to look. I checked out digital archives for all 3 places and couldn't find anything. So for now this page says both sets of grandparents were married about 1956. :-\ 



No comments:

Post a Comment