Monday, January 19, 2015

Nancy Durham Tallent

Nancy Durham
wife of 3rd great grandfather of husband
Birth abt 1810 in North Carolina
Death abt 1851 in Tennessee

Nancy Durham (1810 - 1851)
wife of 3rd great grandfather of husband
husband of Nancy Durham
son of Jonathan Jackson Tallent
daughter of Henry Jackson Tallent
daughter of Fannie Belle Tallent
daughter of Sophia Bell Duke
son of Loretta Onabell Roberson
You are the wife of Jearamy "Boo" Joseph Chandler - (not you?)


I don't think Durham is Nancy's maiden name.  I left it on here for now, because it was her last name when she married Jonathan Tallent.  My reasoning is that she has a 13 year old daughter in their first Census.  This girl would have been born 6yrs prior to their marriage.  This makes me think that Durham is her name from a previous marriage.  I'm going to have to do some searching to prove this either way.


Name:
Nancy Tallant
Age:
40
Birth Year:
abt 1810
Birthplace:
North Carolina
Home in 1850:
Subdivision 31, Knox, Tennessee
Gender:
Female
Family Number:
517
Household Members:
Name
Age
38
40
13 (She was born prior to Nancy and John's marriage, I don't know if she was born out of wedlock, or if she is the result of a prior marriage.)
6



Name:
Nancy Durham
Gender:
Female
Marriage Date:
2 May 1844
Marriage Place:
Knox, Tennessee, USA
Spouse:



This is all I have on Nancy for now.  I will probably come across more when I come back around and research who her parents are.  Next up, Malinda Ami Gilbert, Fanny Bell Tallent's mother.  She is also the Sister of James A. Gilbert (Roberson line).

No comments:

Post a Comment