Thursday, January 8, 2015

Midnight Stealth Art Update

I am still so super excited!  I sold a piece of art!  I sell reprints of my artwork on FineArtAmerica.com.  There are all sorts of products you can by my art on.  My first sale was an iPhone6 case that had a picture I had painted on it.  All I did was share the cases my artwork was available on to all of my social networks publicly.  I posted them publically with a few strategic hash tags.  I basically did a call out for anyone who got a new phone for Christmas to dress it up with an awesome new case.  My post reached someone in Long Island City, NY and they bought it!  Yea!  First Sale!  I love the way fineartamerica.com is set up.  I upload my images, choose what I want my base price to be (my profit) and they take care of all the printing and shipping and everything.  They have their base price for each product and what I say I want is what I get when the product sells.  All I have to do is market it.  Love it!

Here is the phone case I sold.



To see other cell phone cases I have available please visit (other models available):

Well everyone who keeps up with my blog, knows I was having internet problems.  This resulted in me trading in the new Touch screen computer for one that is not.  I basically traded the touch screen for the option to have a disc drive and LAN port.  This means no more practicing on the Fresh Paint app.  I actually found the app to be more difficult than just practicing the old fashion way, anyway, so this is ok.  It could have been because I couldn't find a precision stylis available locally.  I really didn't like (the smallest I could find) round type stylis.  I had to kind of guess where the lines were going to end up being on the screen within the stylis area.  I would prefer a more precision pencil lead point looking stylis for doing art digitally.  Still I think I did a pretty good job considering.  I think if I go back to practicing the old fashion way, that I may end up having more sketches and paintings available anyway.

I know there is a light house in West Quidby Maine that kind of identifies the setting.  I would like to practice that.  Practice a sunrise, some people, Dodge Ram truck, and fire.  Thinking of it in this way, I could have a print for each that is actually just practice for the larger piece.  Then I would have more options of art to offer people.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment