Monday, September 9, 2013

Jewel of an Afghan

Update:  Sorry this is taking so long...the government shut down really affected me in a bad way (lots of stress).  Well now that I can take a break from those worries I have picked working on the blanket back up.  Here is where I am at now:


My cross-stitch project is on hold.  I reference the pattern on the computer using my one-note program so that I can make it as large as I need and mark it off as I complete it.  I never loose the paper or my eyesight this way and if I mark something incorrectly I can fix it with out a bunch of scribbles.  Well since my laptop has no screen it is confined to my desk hooked up to a monitor.  This has caused the problem of feeling secluded from my family.  So I picked up a book my mother-in-law gave me some time ago called Woman’s Day Crochet Showcase published by Columbia House in 1980.  I decided to start an afghan in this book because it is something I can do while I’m chillin in the chair listening to what ever show my family may be watching.  It’s hard for me to just sit there and watch t.v. with out biting my nails, fidgeting, or wanting to fall asleep.  I am in the same room with them and can be a part of their conversations this way.  I started this Saturday evening.  My son was sick and had a fever all day yesterday so I worked on it a bunch yesterday while I was keeping an eye on him.
This is what I have done so far.
Jewel of an Afghan
I chose this one because I had a lot of left over colors so all I had to buy for right now was black.
If you like this pattern and would like to try it yourself comment on this blog and I will email it to you.  If you would like to try to make this for yourself and do not know how to crochet comment stating just that and I will try to schedule a hang out to teach you how to make this afghan as well as email you the pattern.  If you really like the blanket enough to want one but do not want to make it yourself comment on that as well for I may go ahead and set this page up to accept pre-orders on the basis and understanding that it does take quite some time to make blankets.
Thank you for reading, please comment and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment