Saturday, February 15, 2014

Awesome Arm Warmers

I LOVE <3 tall socks especially striped tall socks!  I bet your wondering what the heck does that have to do with arm warmers?  Well if you think out side of the box like me it means awesomeness!  LOL
Anyway some of my favorite tall socks have gotten quite worn.  I started getting irritated with my toes popping through them…ahhh!  NO NO NO!  I don’t want to through away my AWESOME socks, I say!!!  LOL kind of comical huh? Soooo how do I save my tall socks?
I cut off the bad part (heel down) and slipped them over my arms.  LIGHT BULB! DING DING DING!  So I looked up how to so the edges so they won’t fray out all over the place.  Through my research (I don’t know how to sew anything more than a straight stitch…LOL) I found what stitch to use.  Looked in my sewing machine’s instruction manual to learn how to do the stitch modified the length and width directions a bit for what I had envisioned.
Ok so using the double-over-locking stitch pattern with a length of 2 and a width of 4 I sewed the edges of my arm warmers.  I then cut a tiny slit where I wanted my thumb to poke through and used the same stitch around the hole the slit created. In the future I will probably use the button hole directions for the thumb slots though.
Drum roll please….here is the result:IMG_20140215_104053
Not bad for my first time sewing something other than a straight stitch…huh?  I like the way the main opening ended up kind of frilly too.  I think I might buy 2 pairs of matching socks from now on so that my socks and arm warmers will match.  Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment